Values & Identity
IN A CRISIS WE PUT HUMANITY FIRST
To serve disaster struck and socially disadvantaged individuals and families in the poorest communities of the world.
Humanity First Uganda undertakes focused and results-oriented development programmes that promote and seek to build stronger communities in which individuals are engaged and in-tuned in helping those in need through responsible, caring and skilled volunteers. The organization’s mission has following four themes to serve ordinary Ugandans and humanity in-general
- Poverty Reduction: Enhance economic potential of individuals and families by bridging the gap between poverty and prosperity.
- Disaster Relief: Relieve human suffering caused by natural disasters or human conflicts by providing urgent short and long term assistance to alleviate suffering.
- Education and Training: Eradicate poverty and homelessness by promoting and providing education and skill building training to underprivileged Ugandans. In addition, assist individuals through the establishment of business ventures and small industries to get back on their feet.
- Uganda Cares: Become flag-bearers of Uganda and promote essential Uganda values of unity, brotherhood, and generosity without regards to race, religion or ethnicity across the globe and showcase Uganda’s commitment to the human race.
Aims and Objectives
How We Care for Humanity
Humanity First Uganda is dedicated to serving humanity and safeguarding human life and human dignity. As a charity humanitarian relief and development non-profit organization, it’s our goal to reduce suffering as much as possible. To achieve that goal, we focus on four main objectives
- Relieve suffering caused by natural disasters or human conflict.
- Strengthen people’s capacity to help themselves.
- Promote peace and understanding based upon mutual tolerance and respect.
- Promote the preservation of human life and dignity above all other considerations and through it, symbolize unity and brotherhood.
Doing the Most Good For Those In Need
As an organization seeking to reduce human suffering, our values guide the way we achieve our objectives. Humanity First Uganda works across diverse communities and belief systems, but we’re united by five shared values:
- Impartial: We provide aid and assistance to those in need irrespective of race, religion or politics.
- Efficient: We achieve a massive return on donations, with approximately 90% of our donations going directly towards our programs. We’re able to do this with the help of a globally-sourced pool of expert volunteers, industry partners and donors.
- Collaborative: We work with local authorities, humanitarian aid agencies, and other NGOs in the spirit of partnership to achieve the best outcomes.
- Global and Local: We combine global expertise and resources with local knowledge of needs and culture to maximize the impact of our work.
- Empowerment: We aim to empower communities to get back on their feet, heal rifts and become independent once again.
We depend on our individual donors and corporate sponsors for fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and building awareness about community needs to keep administrative costs low.
- Volunteer driven
- Non-partisan service
- No religious agenda
- International scope
Humanity First Uganda teams aim to deliver outcomes to help low income and vulnerable communities free themselves from poverty. Collaboration is important to Humanity First Uganda as certain organizations expertise in certain areas. It is important to recognize that collaboration means richer resources to help communities in the areas most detrimental to them. Relief involves ambiguity, teamwork and strength in numbers; ensuring that communities get the best help accessible.
Collaboration can include co-working, sharing of funds, resources and personnel. We achieved UN ECOSOC consultative status and work with a wide range of UN bodies. We partner with local organizations wherever it is possible to ensure that our response is quick and locally driven. It is important for us to collaborate with other organizations to gain trust.
Help Us Put Humanity First
From alleviating humanitarian disasters, to digging wells for clean water to giving orphans a secure and caring environment, Humanity First Uganda is dedicated to helping the world’s vulnerable, but to do that, we depend on the help of dedicated donors and volunteers like you. Please contact us if you’d like to get involved personally, or you’re part of an organization that could raise funds.